Whale's jawbones mounted on top of Berwick Law. They were renewed in the 1850s by landowner Sir Hew Hamilton-Dalrymple from an old Dunbar whale ship, and more recently replaced in 1936.
This building was erected in 1803 as a signal station during the Napoleonic Wars.
A direction plaque erected in 1959 as a memorial to John Wallace Menzies, Town Clerk 1926-1956.
More Views of North Berwick
Copyright © Douglas C. Seaton, All Rights Reserved.